Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sunset Over Salt Creek

Are you sure it's January? This warm Southern California weather has made me all kinds of happy lately. I'm pretty sure today was the 5th day in a row of 80 degree heat. WOW! Thank you Santa Ana's.

Lucky for me, I finished my work a little early and decided to enjoy the rest of my day outside. So I put on my sundress, grabbed some reading material, and hopped on my longboard.

I rode just down the hill to my favorite childhood beach, Salt Creek, and planted myself on the grassy knolls overlooking the most beautiful view of Catalina island. Wouldn't you agree?

Throughout my several hours of lazy lounging (I'm just practicing for when I get the job in Australia), I snapped a view pics to remember the day by. I truly could not have wished up anything better. I love California!

9 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

That looks like heaven. I was living in your moment for just a second this morning. Ahh it looks so peaceful.

L said...

Ah... how relaxing! Those are beautiful pictures!

Tara said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! We are sooo lucky!!!

Emily said...

Purdy!!! :) Ok, join us in this workout goal. :) I'll send you the link if you are interested.

Kim Messick said...

Yep. Looks like you are perfect for that job in Australia! I'm lovin' those pictures!

Jessica Reeves said...

I am so jealous! That looks so fun! Maybe I need to come visit before the baby comes and enjoy some relaxing in the sun!

Unknown said...

Wow! Those pictures are beautiful :) I miss my REAL home!

Unknown said...

um...i'm so jealous right now. and will you please teach me how to longboard?

Marcy said...

I love how you are reading your JS Manual for RS. lol, are you a teacher like me?

Just gorgeous pictures. Love them! Catalina is where Aaron and I went on our honeymoon (we were poor) and so I love it when you can see the island on a clear day. Brings back good memories!