Thursday, January 29, 2009

Behold: The Snuggie

If you're looking at this picture and thinking to yourself "Oh no she didn't!" Well, then you'd be correct. No! I did not buy a Snuggie. But my hilarious friend Brad did. He also bought a Sham Wow, but that's another story for a later day. If you're not familiar with this product, may I kindly suggest you stop where you're at and take a moment to click HERE before we all move on. Okay. Are we all on the same page now? Moving right along...so Sunday night I was invited over to my friend Lance's place to relax after church and play a rousing game of Speed Scrabble, when all of a sudden I felt a little chill creep through the room. Lance noticed me looking around for a blanket to wrap around my toes and was quick to offer this blue felt monster. I was hesitant to "put it on" because after all, I just wanted something to keep my toes warm. But when Brad came home and saw his Snuggie draped across my lap, he convinced me that I would thoroughly enjoy everything the Snuggie had to offer if I "put it on." He also allowed me to use the FREE booklight he got for buying it "within the next 30 minutes." I couldn't bear keeping the creepy thing on any longer than to snap this lovely pic on my iPhone. Enjoy.

14 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Aubs I am sooooo glad that you really didnt buy it. When I saw the title of your post I had to stop what I was doing and read this. Funny thing is Megan was just telling me last night that my house is to cold and that maybe we should invest in some Snuggies as a joke. All I can say is I dont think a Snuggie could look flatering on anyone. Love ya!! Oh and I agree you need to come out for the Temple open house and visit me and Brady (dont forget you still have not met him)

Shan @ Design Gal said...

what have we become? "as seen on TV" junkies!? First me with the hercules hook and now you with the snuggie?! Next thing you know, Cam will be posting about the mighty putty or the chop-o-matic! hahahaha

Kim Messick said...

Oh no he didn't! Watch out for guys who get sucked into buying from infomercials!!! Sad, Sad, Sad!

L said...

LOL...

Kasi French said...

I might have one of those in red ... maybe?

Karly said...

Haha. I have laughed at those cheesy commercials so many times. I would never buy one, but I always wanted to know someone that did. I love the picture of you wearing it - now I can stop being so curious of them. :)

meeshw said...

hahaha...just so you know we are the owners of 6 snuggies...thats right 6 creepy snuggies...courtesy of my dad who thought we could use them since I don't turn on the heater...they arrived last week...we have been laughing about it since...because when we saw the commercial we thought who in the heck would buy those...well apparently really old guys up late at night...:)I was actually going to post a picture so grandpa could see what he bought...hahaha.

Shauna said...

omg. i dont know why you are such a hater on the snuggie. I think they are awesome. I too, have a friend who got sucked into buying one...i put the pictures on my blog about a month ago and i just now went back to look at them, and its so hilarious that i have to share it with you... http://shaunaclewis.blogspot.com/2008/12/snuggie.html

Emily said...

For everyone's information Brad did NOT buy the snuggie. He got it for Christmas. ;) But his roommate Pete fell in love and bought two the next day. Sheesh.

Aubrey Messick said...

Oh Em...I feel sooooo much better now, knowing that he got it as a Christmas present. But Peter? He would!

Unknown said...

OMG!! Mark and I were seriously laughing out loud :) I just saw that commercial today and Mark and I laugh every time it comes on!! That is so great, made my day :)

Rolph Family said...

That had me laughing out loud. Wow so people really do buy into those infomercials. Too funny!

Kim Messick said...

Dad says they have sold over 4,000,000 milliion of those things and can't keep them shipping fast enough! I love it!!!

Marcy said...

Okay, what do you really have against the Snuggie? My folks bought a few to give away for Christmas (to my grandma, my brothers, Robs girlfriend) and I tried one out and LOVED it! My mom said if I wanted one she'd buy it for me. I need to get right on that order, cause I am in LOVE with the Snuggie! lol