Wednesday, January 7, 2009

De La Rose, Laguna Beach

After weeks and weeks of pushing back my start date, I FINALLY started my new job. I am officially the Events & Marketing Director for the floral shop De La Rose in Laguna Beach. During my first few days of official employment I have been busy gathering information on hotels, restaurants, clubs, venues, and concierge services throughout the Orange County area, thinking of ways I can land this amazing company some more events.

Wednesday was exceptionally fun. I took off my marketing hat and enjoyed a creative day at the flower shop. I helped spruce up the store and even did a few arrangements for the window displays. Aren't they purdy? I kind of envy the girls that get to work in that cute flower shop everyday. But then again, let's be honest, there's no way I could sit in that little store 5 days a week. Cabin fever! I'm really quite excited to travel and work from home.

Enough of my ranting. What I really want to get at is this: If you or someone you know is getting married, holding a corporate event, or any other kind of event that could use some gorgeous, out-of-this-world, knock your socks off floral arrangements, PLEASE call me! I am so excited to get started with our events and show Orange County how incredible our flowers are!!!

9 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Aubs I am so happy that you are loving your new job. I know you will do amazing things for this company!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bkjones said...

Oh how fun! You will be great at this job. I am sure the company is thrilled to have you! So..I noticed one of your goals this year is to come to Utah..I'll make sure to hold ya to it!

Heather said...

Hey - have they thought about signing local doctors or dentists offices for weekly arrangements? I know it sounds stupid, but my dentist gets fresh arrangements delivered every Monday morning and they're always GORGEOUS and it's great advertising for the biz! IDK, just something that struck me!

IzeOfLight said...

How fun for you! I was hoping this gig would work out--yay that it did!

The Marquardt Family said...

Girl what a great job for you! Most of the families that we still keep in contact from Scottsdale Summer in Newport I will get emails together for you when we get closer to summer. They love to host and LOVE to SPEND!!! Love ya

L said...

Those are beautiful - ah, I love flowers! I'll definitely get your name out there if I hear of any events!

Jenn said...

So pretty, if I wasn't already married I'd give ya a call! I bet you will get some awesome wedding receptions. What a fun job, the flowers are always one of my favorite parts of a wedding. Good Luck!

Melly Mel said...

I jsut spent a good hour reading your blog! It's great. You are such a good writer Aubs. I love what you wrote about Bachelor. I couldn't agree more with you! Miss yoU! xoxo