Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Future RM's

I absolutely adore these two! Saturday afternoon my roommate's siblings and dear friends, Markie and Bri Hobbins, went through the Newport Beach Temple in preparation for their missions. They will both be reporting to the Provo MTC on February 11th. How fun and exciting! After a few short weeks of training, Elder Hobbins will be shipping off to the Colorado Denver Mission and Sister Hobbins to Salt Lake City's Temple Square. I honestly couldn't be more excited for them. This past weekend as we all sat in the temple together I reflected on the many emotions I felt as I prepared to serve the Lord for 18 months in Canada. It was a sobering feeling to be reminded of all the wonderful blessings that have come into my life because of that choice I made nearly 5 years ago. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life and the plan that our Heavenly Father has for each of us. Congratulations Markie and Bri! I might be crazy but I wish I could go again. I know that you two will do wonderful things on your missions! And remember "...if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father."(D&C 18:15) Go get 'em!

6 comments:

Kim Messick said...

They will make great missionaries! Press forward Markie and Bri!

Hizzeather said...

Cool! I didn't even know she was planning on a mission! Good for her!

Temple Square is an awesome mission. It get's a lot of flak, but you will meet someone from practically every country and be exposed to so many languages and cultures. It's like an International Mission, without the travel! :)

Good luck Brianna!

Danielle said...

I'm a friend of a friend and came across your blog one time.. anyway, really not trying to be stalkerish, but I love your white bathing suit and was wondering where you got it. If this is too weird for you - then feel free not to respond! Great style btw.. danielledavies82@hotmail.com

Emily said...

I love this post!!! Yay for missions!!!

Shauna said...

second that from emily...yay for missions!

and double yay that Bri and Marky are both going. Dont even get me started on how they are old enough to, cause that just freaks me out.

A sibling in the MTC, i wonder what that would of been like! im jealous.

melissa said...

FEB ELEV my bday!!!!!!!!! go elder and sister hob!