Friday, July 18, 2008

Lucha Libre 2008

For those of you not familiar with the movie Nacho Libre, I apologize. You will not understand this post at all. Go rent the movie. Its totally AWESOME! And for those of you who have seen it, you'll know that last night I went to the coolest event ever! I went to a real Lucha Libre match to watch the Luchadores duke it out at the OC Fair. After the "show" we stuffed our face with greasy garbage and then took to the rides. What a night!

"Chancho. When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun."


"I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the fancy creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That's fantastic!"



"How come we can't ever have just like a salad?"


"Silence brothers! This is the worst lunch I ever had."


"Eagle powers... come to me! Please."


"My life is gooooood. Real goood."


"Summon your Eagle Powers!"


"Precious Father, why have you given me this desire to wrestle and then made me such a stinky warrior?"


"You gotta be kidding me. Everything you just said, is MY favourite thing to do, every day!"


"Those eggs were a lie, Esqueleto. A LIE! They give me no eagle powers! The give me no nutrients!"


"Your only job is to cook. Don't you realize I have had diarrhea since Easters!"


"I'm not listening to you. You’re crazy."


"I think me and my friend are ready to go pro!"


"I am a-singing at the party. I am singing it's my turn to sing at this party. Everyone is dancing, happy party."


"They are just niƱos, trying to release their wiggles."


"I was wondering if you would like to join me in my quarters this night... for some toast."


"These are my recreation clothes...they might have the appearance of riches, but beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man we find... his... nucleus."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny! Hilarious! I like it when you do the accent with the comments the best!! You make me laugh out loud...sing for me muchacha...
What does Nacho Libre even mean anyway? The free chip? Odioso.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

Aubs, or should I say, Nachoooooooooooooooooooo!!! I think this is your best post by far! Love the one liners, the photos, and the wrestling!

I always say, "Is for fun" like nacho. Such a great movie! Thanks for this post!!!

Karly said...

Oh so funny! I laughed out loud at each quote...now I want to go watch the movie again. Love a quote with each picture, fantastic post!

Hizzeather said...

I haven't seen the movie -I know, I know, unacceptable. But the magic thing is, I still laughed at this post. :) Great pictures!

HotCaliGuy43 said...

Anyone for another upside down spin ride??

charity said...

nucleus...we may find his nucleus!

i LOVED this. SO entertaining. and I love you! missed you this weekend. Let's play soon.

80s dancing anyone???

Emily said...

Haha, best post EVER!!

The Jessups said...

you had me laughing this whole post, even though I don't know anyone in your pics other than you. HILAROUS.