Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fantasy . Adventure . Discovery

For a girl who sailed through High School without reading a single book, I sure do love to read now. Tonight the San Clemente 5th Ward Book Club met to discuss our latest read, the fictional novel Life of Pi by Yann Martel. The book was phenomenal! Although reading the first hundred pages was like pulling teeth, the last 15 knocked my socks off. I'm not gonna go into any kind of detail and spoil it for those of you who are still planning on reading it, but oh man, what a story! I finished the book a week ago and my mind is still spinning in circles. It was that good! If you're looking for a great summer read, this book is it.

1 comment:

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

This is a good book! I hosted an enrichment book club for this book, yet I was the only one that didn't get it ofcoarse...until it was explained to me. I was mad for a week!! Good book!!