Thursday, March 11, 2010

{ Ethnic Foods Night :: Parts I & II }

In our house we like to cook. Alot! And by we, I mean my roommates. Cooking's not so much my thing, but I'm learning. In fact, recently my roommates and I have been inviting friends over to teach us new recipes from other nations of the world. Several weeks ago our roommate Erin threw her Annual Chinese New Year Party (for which I still have yet to post pictures!) and gave out assignments for the night.

Kiele was asked to come up with an appetizer so she invited her Chinese friend over the night before to teach us how to make homemade Spring Rolls. Oh man, were those things delicious! And fun to make! Pictures don't lie. And yes, Kiele is wearing goggles to cut the onions, Amy is wearing a do-rag, Erin is wearing shorts and Uggs, and I just look homeless...





Last night we got together again, but this time with one of Amy's friends and old roommates, Kayla. She was kind enough to teach us how to make homemade Pupusas from El Salvador. Now, I don't know if you're familiar with the pupusa, but they are one incredible food my friends!

I had an El Salvadorian companion on my mission in Canada and she made the most uh-mazing pupusas that I have been craving for the last 5 years. And thanks to Kayla, we no longer have to suffer. I would post the recipe, but we kinda don't really have one. Kayla's more of a "make it up as you go" type cook. But come over sometime and we'll show you how. We're pros! Stay tuned to see what exciting creation we learn to make next time!

3 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Looks and sounds heavenly. Ummmmm I want some spring rolls right now. You look Gorgeous as a homeless girl.

dre said...

aubs, i love this!

Kim Messick said...

Ha! Is that why I can't cook - 'cuz I can't do the "make it up as you go" kind of recipe!? I was wondering...
Sorry I was never able to pass on any of my great cooking skills to any of my children! Now you'll have to teach me!