Tuesday, March 9, 2010

{ THE BACHELOR WEDDING: Jason & Molly }

What was ABC thinking? A wedding outdoors in the rain? In the pouring rain? I'll tell you what they were thinking: RATINGS!!! I'm hoping all of you readers caught last night's nuptials of the infamous Jason Mesnick and his afterthought sweetheart, Miss Molly. (That was rude, but whatever.) If you did, I'm sure you'll agree that the producers of that show are just plain evil! If I were their wedding planner and was told that I could not have a Plan B, I would be so furious!!! And if they truly could not move it indoors, why, when they knew the impending rain was coming, did they not rent a canopy, if not for the nearly 300 guests, at least for over the altar? Because they're evil I tell you!

If I were Molly I would not have been laughing. Did you see that hair? And oh, that 45,000 coveted Monique Lhullier dress (wish it were mine!) got drenched. Oh my gosh, I can feel the fury in my fingers as I type! You producers are horrible people!!! I was actually proud of Molly for not crying in hysterics over the whole thing. And Jason too for that matter.

On a much lighter note, there really were some WONDERFUL things to make mention of about last night's infamous Bachelor wedding. First off, the location is one of the most beautiful spots on the California Coast. I know because I had the pleasure of providing THESE arrangements for an event there last year. It's simply stunning...on a good day!

Let's talk flowers shall we? Wasn't that creation surrounding the altar amazing! I wish I could've seen it up close, but from what I saw there were magnificent clusters lilies, dendrobiums, hanging amaranthus, and more! Stunning! Molly's bouquet on the other hand? NOT my favorite! And who the heck pinned on Jason's boutonniere? Maybe we should just blame it on the monsoonal winds for tipping it over? Either way, it was quite the distraction.

And while we're on the subject of flowers, how about that reception hall? That was all kinds of amazing! Mad props to my friend Shauna who helped with the set-up of the entire event. Some of you might recall she and I working together on THIS wedding. You can check out her exciting Bachelor Wedding cameos HERE!

Moving on...I'm so happy to see my favorite Bachelorette Jillian looking so happy and cuter than ever. I hope ABC plans to throw them a big fat wedding when the time is right. I will definitely be tuning in for that. Oh, and let's hope we get to see more of DeAnna and Stephen Stagliano (brother of Michael who fought for the heart of Jillian on the last season of The Bachelorette). Wouldn't we all like to know the story behind that one.

There's so much more to gab about, but I'm sure half of you have already stopped reading this ridiculous rhetoric, so I'll just leave you with my favorite line of the night by some unidentified guy at Jason's Bachelor party, "Of all the women Jason's proposed to, I think Molly's the best." Way to go loser! Until we meet again for next season's The Bachelorette, I bid you adieu. Stay classy blog world.

5 comments:

Heather said...

hahahaha, I've been waiting all day for this post! I thought the EXACT same things about the bouquet and boutonniere - but I wondered if I was just not up to par on what's "in" so knowing you had the same thoughts, I feel so much better! And for $45,000, I wasn't in love with the dress. I do have to say that I
L-O-V-E-D the shoes though!
I thought the "Of all the women Jason's proposed to" line was actually kinda cute. The stupidest part of the whole stupid show was the stupid segment on Jake and Vienna as one of the "5 couples that have made it". It was vomitous, in fact I'm pretty sure I threw up in my mouth a little :P For reals??? What's it been a week???
So anyway - until next season! Love ya Aubs! Hope we get to see you this summer! :)

Unknown said...

Oh man, that dress was incredible!! I hate the dumb producers of this show though, so rude!! Can't wait to see Jillian's though :)

IzeOfLight said...

I didn't watch it, but the "of all the women Jason's proposed to" comment is hilarious! Because the number is at least FOUR! And two on national TV, and one sorta . . . holy cow.

Kim Messick said...

All I can say is that I really like a girl with a good attitude about everything! She was determined to be happy no matter what happened to her on her wedding day! It sure was a messy day! Good for you Molly! Hope the rest of your life is rainbows and butterflies!

Melly Mel said...

hahaha I am so glad that I read this. I was starring at her hair the whole time as well. She did have a good attitude. I guess it is good luck. I still don't like her though...