Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Temper Tantrum

A few days ago I came home from work to find the February Ensign methodically placed on my accumulating pile of stuff in the kitchen. It was neatly folded open to an article titled "Dating and the Eternal Perspective." The first thing that came to my mind was "Mom, are you kidding me right now?" I'm embarrassed to even say this, but I was furious. I was so mad that this article had been placed on MY STUFF for ME to read, that I took it and chucked it across the counter. Funny thing is, when I threw it, the magazine flipped open to another article titled "Tempering our Tempers" or something like that. Coincidence? "I don't think so Tim."

Needless to say, I walked over to where the magazine had landed, politely picked it up and said "sorry" to my mother who had watched the entire tantrum unfold. I vowed that when I had some free time, I would read the article.

Well, my friends. I have been called to repentance. The article was wonderful. So wonderful that I'm including a link on my blog for you to find it and read it yourself...that is...if you're single and of dating age (just click on the title above). The article breaks down the stigmas of dating. One idea about how the world believes, and the other about what the Lord would have us believe. Its awesome. I hope you read it. You deserve some revelation today!

3 comments:

charity said...

Hey! So, I don't have your email...?? But, Lez told me that you want my extra ticket to the show on Saturday. Yay!

charity said...

this is a great post, btw. i'll have to read the article!

paintingyoupretty said...

Funny that I just had a fight with my mom about dating. Basically I am proactive about everything in my life except dating. She is not thrilled and has some suggestions that I definitely disagree with. It's one of those days.