Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter.

I still remember those Easter mornings, years ago, when I couldn't wait to run downstairs and see what the Easter bunny had brought me.

Some of the eggs he hid were real eggs, some were plastic ones filled with candy, but the best ones were always filled with nickels and dimes!

Sometimes that sneaky bunny would hide them in really hard places, but I was always too smart for him.

After we found all the eggs at our house, we would go to Grandma and Grandpa's house to see what the Easter bunny left us there.

One year he brought my cousin Chad and me these giant bunnies.

And another year he brought me a real bunny. His name was Vanilla.

Oh what I wouldn't give to enjoy those years of being a kid all over again.

10 comments:

Happy Family said...

How fun that you have those photos. I am up at my parents right now and I am tempted to sort through some old family photos!

Jennifer said...

Fun pictures and memories!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

No way! We totally had the same inflatable bunnies when I was a kid! You totally have me reminiscing now!

Hizzeather said...

LOVE the retro pix! Too much! :)

Jessica said...

Cute pictures. Being a kid was fun, it's sad how fast time goes by.

McLove said...

Aubrey- those pictures are adorable. You were an adorable little girl (and still are:). I would love to be a kid on Easter again too.

Bracken and Bracken said...

SO fun and SO 80's!!

The Marquardt Family said...

You are such a doll! I love your hair styles!!! Miss you

Marcy said...

Okay, that last pic of you and Jackie is exactly how I remember you when you were little. Those adorable bangs of yours and bright blue eyes you both have. SO stinkin' cute! I love all those easter pictures-classic! How fun to see those pics. A few of them are from the Kite Hill house, right? Good times!

Heather said...

Ok Aubrey - you just made me cry!! Where did all those years go?? Do you want to hear something crazy? I still remember your address on Buscador!! I remember watching your mom play with you singing your address to you over and over...26295 Buscador! I loved spending my summers with you guys...I know I drove your mom nuts, but those are some of the best memories I have of being a kid - being with you guys and all the other Messicks. Thanks for the memories...and thanks for making me cry!!!
Love ya!
Aunt Heather