Saturday, June 20, 2009

{ Demolition HOBBY House }

Back in late 2008, my roommate Allie's parents hired me on as the designer for the extensive remodel of their hillside property in Trabuco Canyon. After months and months of patiently awaiting the city's response to the changes, the plans were approved and demolition has finally begun. This picture may not look like much, but to me it means PROGRESS!

I've spent the last several weeks walking the house with the Hobbins and their contractors, deciding what would stay and what would go. On Thursday's walk through much of the new framing was up so Diane and I took measurements and then headed off to Long Beach for a day of designing! With most of the appliances and granite slabs decided on, we worked on the design of the kitchen cabinets, selected sinks, faucets, began the search for the perfect baseboard and crown moldings, and much more. If all goes according to plan, the Hobbins will have a gorgeous new home to show off for the holidays!

3 comments:

Bracken and Bracken said...

Yay!! Maybe you can come help us with a house soon :) Not quite so much demolition, but a lot of work!!

Kim Messick said...

I can't wait to see it! Wait - can I come see it when it's done?
I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

The House That Lars Built said...

yahoo! go aubs.