Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm an AUNT!!!!


Guess I'm not going to Utah this weekend! My little sister Jacki unexpectedly went into labor Wednesday night and delivered a healthy baby boy via c-section. I am please to welcome my new little love into the world. Here are the stats:

Dallen Scott Bracken
Wendesday, October 8, 2008 @ 11:45pm
7 lbs. 4 oz. and 18 inches

After the delivery my brother-in-law Mark called me and held the phone up to Dallen's crying voice and I just lost it. I was so overcome with emotions of joy that I couldn't keep the tears back. I've already seen a few pictures via cell phone and he is absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to share pictures with everyone! I'm off to Arizona now to meet my little nephew. I'm an AUNTIE!

11 comments:

The Jessups said...

Ooooh!! Have fun!! I'm so excited!

The Marquardt Family said...

Congrats! There is something about being a aunt that is amazing. I have a overwhelming love for all my nieces. I just adore them, and love them to pieces. I worry about having my own children because I can not imagine loving something more then I love my nieces. Have so much fun in PHX I am jealous I wish I was going back home. I only have until Feb and then I am back. love you girl

Jessica Reeves said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you and Jacki! I'm glad she delivered a healthy little boy! I can't wait to see pictures!

Madsen Family said...

How exciting!!! I will miss not seeing you this weekend :( but you have a pretty good excuse! Tell Jacki hi for me! Love you!

Michelle Michel said...

Hurray!

L said...

That is SO exciting Aubs!!! Congrats!!! I'll look forward to lots of pictures of the darling babe! I bet he's just perfect! Please tell Jacki we love her!!!

Hizzeather said...

Wow! Congratulations!

McMemories said...

yay!!! oh what fun little dallin will bring to this world!!

meeshw said...

That is so great! Congrats to Jacki and the whole family...you will love being an aunt!
Michelle

Florene or Lori said...

I got the news today, via voice mail on my phone! I was working the graveyard shift last night, so I slept through the whole thing this morning. My reaction was the same, Aubrey! I cried -- not because I was a great grandma, but because of this beautiful little, precious boy who has graced our family and added yet another generation. I kept thinking of my mom -- she would have loved to greet her first great-great grandson! I bet Jacki is glad it is all over with. Too bad about the C-section -- but Heather had 3!

Love you guys!
GL

Marcy said...

Ahh, congratulations Aubrey! I'm so excited for you, your sister and her DH, AND your entire family. Being an aunt is the best. And as a sister, having MY sister be a fantastic aunt is the best thing ever. My kids LOVE their Aunt "Kiki" and talk to her on their play phones all day long. I'm sure Dallen will do the same with you when he can hold a phone. Congrats!!