Monday, October 20, 2008

The COLOR CODE

Since moving into my new place with my new roommates, I've been overly impressed with how well we get along with each other. I've never known what to attribute it to until tonight when we were bored and decided to take the COLOR CODE personality test. I'm pretty sure I've been taking this test once a year for the last 10 years, everytime hoping for some exciting new result.

Well tonight when I took it again with my roommates I was pleasantly suprised to find that we were all BLUE! But what is even more interesting to me is that after finding out we were all blue, we learned that each one of us has a strong amount of each one of the other colors. I am mostly blue with a little red. Katie is mostly blue with a little white. And Allie is mostly blue with a little yellow.

Basically, I've come to the conclusion that becuase we all have a lot of blue, we can relate well with each other. But because we each have a little bit of another color, we compliment each other. I obviously bring to the table a more assertive personality, while Katie is the peacemaker, and Allie is the playful one.

So what does all this even mean? Well, this is how it works:

RED – “Red” personalities are motivated by power, or the ability to get things done and move from Point A to Point B. They are focused, proactive, natural leaders and can be argumentative.
BLUE – “Blue” personalities are motivated by intimacy, or connecting and sharing deeply and meaningfully with others. They are quality-oriented, nurturing, analytical and emotionally intense.
WHITE – “White” personalities are motivated by peace, or the ability to stay calm even in the midst of conflict. They are kind, self-regulated, diplomatic and timid.
YELLOW – “Yellow” personalities are motivated by fun, or living in and enjoying the moment. They are spontaneous, charismatic, sociable and forgetful.

Have you taken the test yet? What color are you?

11 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

I love the Color Code! Not surprisingly, I'm just about an even split of red and blue, with a healthy dose of yellow. The book says the red/blue combo is the most conflicting personality, because you'll be aggressive to get what you want - and then feel really bad about other people not getting their way. Yeah. It's awesome.

Kim Messick said...

I could have guessed those combos for all of you! They fit you to the tee!!!
Can you guess what I might be Aubs?

Aubrey Messick said...

Mom,

Since I think I'm my mother's daughter, I'm gonna say you're a blue/red also. I don't think you're much of a yellow, but maybe you've got some white in you. So what are you?

Kim Messick said...

You were right on the first time! I'm Blue with a little bit of Red -funny honey!

Aubrey Messick said...

I'm so dang good at this. We had 6 people take the test and I predicted ALL six. Shazam!!!

Unknown said...

i'm so red it's not even funny. i heart the color code.

C-Rod said...

YELLOWWWWWWW!!!!!

dre said...

okay... i am half yellow and half blue.

melissa said...

I took the test like ten years ago and I was a YELLOW! I think I'm a blue now....

Ash and Christian said...

I'm a lot yellow, a little blue, and even less red. No white in this bod.

Chelsea B. said...

i love your blog aubrey i think youre so great! the color code is amazing, we actually had dr. taylor hartman come and talk to the byu vball team before the season. It was so interesting, he said he was about 94% yellow. this guy was awesome! Now after learning about it i love guessing peoples colors :) i'm a yellow/blue.