Sunday, September 14, 2008

Putting It Into Perspective

I love waking up every morning to a beautiful view of the Dana Point harbor. As I see sail boats come in and out I am reminded of the safe harbor found in living the gospel of Jesus Christ and at that moment I begin to count my many blessings.

"Home is where the HARBOR is."

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has said:

"Many today feel troubled and distressed; many feel that, at any moment, the ships of their lives could capsize or sink. It is to you who are looking for a safe harbor that I wish to speak today, you whose hearts are breaking, you who are worried or afraid, you who bear grief or the burdens of sin, you who feel no one is listening to your cries, you whose hearts are pleading, 'Master, carest thou not that I perish?' To you I offer a few words of comfort and of counsel.

"Be assured that there is a safe harbor. You can find peace amidst the storms that threaten you. Your Heavenly Father—who knows when even a sparrow falls—knows of your heartache and suffering. He loves you and wants the best for you. Never doubt this. While He allows all of us to make choices that may not always be for our own or even others’ well-being, and while He does not always intervene in the course of events, He has promised the faithful peace even in their trials and tribulations.

"In our own storms in life the Savior is our solace and our sanctuary. If we seek peace, we must come unto Him."

- Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Finding a Safe Harbor,” Ensign, May 2000, 59

4 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Lovely analogy, Aubs! :)

Florene or Lori said...

That was a beautiful, beautiful thought for this day. Thank you for your insight and for using that talk. Yes, the Gospel is our Safe Harbor! It is our ONLY Safe Harbor!

Love you!

GL

Emily said...

I love this. Its so true. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Aubs - I don't know what inspired you to post this blog entry, but I just wanted you to know that they were words I needed to hear at this very moment in my life...things in the Tusko home have been a bit CRAZY and trying (dealing with extended family). Thank you for touching my heart and bringing me to my knees! It's right where I needed to be!
Love you so much!