Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Left My Heart In San Francisco

Its true. I've fallen in love with this FABULOUS city. It was my first time to the Bay Area and I loved every minute of it. We managed to see 6 cities in 3 days. Now that's hard to do!

The trip was thrown together last minute when I found a cheap flight from travelzoo and realized I had no big plans for the long weekend. A few friends were invited and within 5 days we had booked a flight, a hotel room, rental car, tickets to Alcatraz, and a long list of things to do and places to see. Here are a few of the fun things we did and saw:

Saturday morning we woke up early to be at our Alcatraz tour. It was an incredible experience to be there and learn the story of the infamous criminals that escaped from the inescapable prison. I was also impressed by the beauty of the grounds . . .









After our tour of "The Rock" we hit to the streets and saw the Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Ghiradelli Square, Lombard Street, some beautiful cathedral, and of course the Golden Gate Bridge . . .


















After an exhausting day in the city we piled back in the mini-van and headed for San Jose to stay at April's house. And what a house it was. We spent the evening in the hot tub and all fell asleep in the theater room.

Sunday morning we were up early again and went to church in Saratoga where Brad's little niece Chloe was blessed. Afterwards we joined his famliy for a luncheon and then it was back on the road again. We spent the afternoon traveling to Monterey and Carmel on the most beautiful 17 mile drive of my life. We even packed a picnic for fun . . .











Monay we slept in, enjoyed a delicious breakfast, played some tennis, jumped on the trampoline one last time, packed our bags, and then hit the road for Stanford University and the Oakland Temple . . .





Like all good things, the trip had to come to an end and we headed back to San Francisco for our last supper and a quick drive to Coit Tower on Knob Hill to say our goodbyes to the city.


Such a fantastic trip. I'll miss you San Francisco!!! Thanks for all the great fun and memories.

17 comments:

g.lock said...

great photos! seriously, very cool. san fran looked fun

Brooke Wilkins said...

I love love love that city. It is so so cute. By the way your cute belt with the purple shirt is to die for! Love it!

Meredith said...

that was your first time in san fransisco? it's a total dream, huh. glad you loved it!

Bracken and Bracken said...

looks like a fun trip. i bet you'll be sleeping it off for a week :)

Anonymous said...

What great photos! I felt like I was there with you - so glad you had fun! I love how you can be totally serious one minute and hilarious the next... you light up my life!

Diane Cañate said...

I knew you'd love San Francisco! Call me next time you go...I'm there!

Madsen Family said...

I can't believe that was your first time! That is one of our favorite places, especially Kev's. "The Rock" is amazing, huh. Darling pics too :) Looks like it's fun to be Aubs :) Love u!

L said...

WOW - your pictures are amazing! I have never been to San Fran... I definitely need to go!!! I love that you packed your days FULL of things to do. So fun!

bkjones said...

That looks like such fun! Guess what..I was in San Fran this past weekend too! I wish I could have bumped into you there! Isn't it such a beautiful city!

Mands Glenn said...

Ahhh. . I think you might just be sold on Northern Cali. I'm a bit partial to it myself. WOW, your weekend was jam packed! Sounded like so much fun. I am totally craving clam chowder in a bread bowl after you talked about Pier 39. What a fun long weekend. OHh and fabulous pictures by the way. YOu are a total photographer.

Florene or Lori said...

Oh, Aubs! You brought back so many memories of your grandpa, Gerry's and my Honeymoon trip to San Francisco! You did all the things that we did! Alcatraz included! Even Carmel by the sea and the 17 mile drive to Monterey. You do an amazing job with words and photos -- ever thought about putting all of this in a book? This should not go to waste on a blog! You are amazing!

Marcy said...

Well, I too loved all your pics. I knew when you posted you'd be gone up north that you'd come back with some fancy pics for us all to enjoy...and you didn't dissapoint! I haven't been to San Fran for about 10 years, and the pics took me back! Glad you had a great time!!

Okay, as I've said before, I look to you for fashion inspiration---can you kindly lead me to the store where you bought your to-die-for-cute red jacket in the first set of pics? The one with the double breasted big buttons? I NEED it, though I'm sure it won't be as cute on me, but I can live with that. lol

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures!

Anonymous said...

Dear Marcy:
I know! I know! She got that jacket at Anthropologie in Fashion Island! My personal favorite store! Love, love, love it!

Erica said...

i didn't know this was your 1st time to the city by the bay! wow, seriously, why did i move away from there?!?!?! I LOVE SF. thanks for making me smile and remember all that is waiting for me once i'm done in the promised land! have a fantastic time in mexico. ole!

The Jessups said...

Oh, San Fran is the BEST! I LOVE all your pictures. And I love your style. Looks and sounds like you had a phenom time.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

hey girl! i have a random question. what program do you use to collage your photos? You know, like the 10th picture up? The 4 different in one? I love it!