Monday, November 16, 2009

:: Thumbtack Wallpaper ::

Of all the incredible Jonathan Adler designs out there, one of my favorites is his wallpaper collection. In particular his navy & white Ropes print. The pattern is so bold, graphic and beautiful! And I'm in obsessed with all things navy and white, so of course I'd fall in love. So you can imagine my excitement when I learned that our Newport store was going to feature our very own wall of navy ropes.

Because we're only a temporary pop-up location, we decided against the traditional method of wallpapering, and instead opted for some thumbtacks and a decorative chair rail molding from the local Home Depot.

I simply nailed the molding to the wall, painted it white, and filled in the space with rows and rows of wallpaper. Althogh it was a real challenge to get all of the ropes to match up just right, I love the way it turned out! I think the finished product shows really well.

I really want to recreate a similar wall in my new kitchen at my place in Huntington. It's a great fix for renters who aren't allowed to paint, but want something other than white walls. And if you're super thrifty like me, you might wanna try a graphic wrapping paper instead. We'll see how this one goes. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Very NICE! And clever! Is that a change from the one you first put up? Or is that still the original wallpaper you had up when you opened?

IzeOfLight said...

Girl, you are so talented and creative and I LOVE it--looks great!

Jessica Reeves said...

I LOVE it!! Nice job! You are so creative!

Bracken and Bracken said...

What a cool idea!! I wish you lived here to help me do one :)

McLove said...

Oooo I want to do it!!! Love the idea!!