Monday, November 17, 2008

Shedding Some Light

This past weekend while shopping for a new bookcase, I came across this adorable Shabby Chic chandelier that I absolutely fell in love with. It's exactly what I was looking for (with a price tag to match) to complete that girly look I've been going for. My room is my haven and I love it. I know this style isn't for everyone, but I like it and that's all that matters! Oh, and don't worry that Katie and I installed this ourselves too. Yah, we're pretty much certified Electricians! And let's just talk for a minute about all the amazing deals I got on EVERYTHING in this space.

- Banana-Leaf Headboard: Cost Plus World Market $99
- Queen Size Duvet Cover: Ikea $30
- White Bedskirt: Bed Bath & Beyond $19
- Euro Feather Pillow Inserts: Ikea $10 each
- Antique Walnut Nighstand: Consignment Center $129
- Carved Stone Lamp: Hand-me-down $0
- Lamp Shade: Target $20
- Double-decker Desk: Cost Plus World Market $159
- Upholstered Desk Chair: Consignment Center $60
- Crystal Chandelier: Ikea $39
- Mirrored Frames: Aaron Brothers $10 each
- Foliage: Roger's Gardens $6 each
- Monogram Mug: Anthropologie $12

So what do you think? Pretty good bargains, huh? For me, part of the fun in decorating is finding the best product at an even better price. For some reason I always love my purchases so much more when I know I got such a ridiculously good deal on it. Unless it's that new $250 dress at Anthro that you just won't find anywhere else. Because in that case...I just charge it, wear it, and love it. I may be a bargain shopper, but let's get real. My taste ain't cheap.

9 comments:

Erica said...

it's official...you are amazing at what you do! LOVE your room!

Marcy said...

LOVE it. When can I move in to get away from my kids for a while? ;)

And can you be a dear, and help me AGAIN find the website where I do the 2x2 mosaic type squares for my blog?! I thought I had it saved on my desktop, but I don't see it (course) and haven't used it since July and I don't remember things that well. lol

Thanks! Oh, and I didn't know Sara C was getting married! How exciting!! Please tell her congrats for me and xo!

Karly said...

That's fabulous!! Love it!!!!!

Kim Messick said...

It all looks awesome Aubrey - now show us your bookcase!

Emily said...

My room needs your help!!! ASAP! :)

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McLove said...

Great deals!! I want you to come decorate my place:) :)

Bracken and Bracken said...

At first glance I thought this was a magazine picture :) Looks great!

L said...

I want your room!!! I LOVE it Aubs!!!