Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!


Thursday morning didn't start out so hot. I woke up at 5:00 am to make sure my roommate Katie got up on time to make it to her 6:30 flight to Utah. After finding her awake and getting ready, I went back to bed and set my alarm for 7:00 to head down to the Annual Dana Point Turkey Trot for the 5K race. But as luck would have it, I slept through the alarm. Crap! (It's ok though, my whole family ditched out on me, and my calves were sore anyway.)

Thankfully, I didn't sleep the entire day away because I got a phone call at 8:57 from my little sister Jacki who in a panic said "Can you please come over here right now! The dumb dog ate all of Mom's homemade rolls, Dad is at the store buying more rolls, Mark is in the bathroom throwing up, Kellie is sick in bed, Scott's asleep, and I need someone to watch my baby so I can get in the shower."

Can I just tell you...this is sooo typical of the Messick household on Thanksgiving. Someone ALWAYS gets sick. And something ALWAYS goes wrong. But amidst the craziness, we ALWAYS find things to be thankful for. Like Ralphs for remaining open Thanksgiving day for families whose dogs eat their dinner rolls, and our dog who now doesn't need any more food for the rest of the day, and for Pepto Bismol to calm the upset stomachs of guests who have the stomach flu.

Yes, there are many things to be thankful for indeed. We're off to San Clemente now for some turkey and gravy at Grandma and Grandpa's. Well, everyone but Mark. Sorry bro. We'll bring you the leftovers. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Oh I'm sorry! What is it about Thanksgiving and throwing up?! There is ALWAYS someone sick on T-day around here too! Seriously, it's been four years in a row.

I thought we were in the clear this year, but nope...at 5pm 2 out of the 3 of my kids started puking, and didn't stop until 8am the next morning when I started puking. Perrfect.

Glad you were able to save your sister and salvage what you could of your day!!

Cute pics of you girls above in boots!