Thursday, October 15, 2009

:: Succulent Centerpieces ::

Tuesday afternoon I received a call from a friend with an urgent request to design 44 centerpieces for an Oaxacan dinner banquet in Rancho Palos Verdes on Saturday. I panicked! Of course I wanted to do it, but would there be time? I knew I'd be teaching a floral design class Friday morning, make a bouquet for a friend's bridal pictures, and THEN put together several mock-up arrangements for a wedding consultation at the Montage Resort in Laguna. Oh, AND not to mention, catch a plane to SLC by 7pm. But I said WHAT THE HECK and accepted the job! And happy I did!

I pretty much didn't sleep Tuesday night. Too much stressing about how I was going to fit everything in. I don't sleep well when I have a lot on my mind. Correction, I don't sleep AT ALL. So after a restless night I was out the door at 3am in the pitch black and pouring rain and on my way to the LA Flower Mart (aka - Disneyland.) I picked up everything I needed and then from 5am to 5pm, my friend Hannah and I exhausted ourselves making these beauties. Aren't they fabulous?

With all of the centerpieces finished, I borrowed a car and on Thursday drove all 44 centerpieces up to the Terranea Resort on the coast of Rancho Palos Verdes. Have you ever been to Palos Verdes before? What a place! It was an absolutely breathtaking drive, and the resort was magnificent. I'd love to go back and stay at the resort someday. Who wants to come?

6 comments:

meeshw said...

Aubrey...AMAZING!

Emily said...

You are amazing...I had NO idea how busy you were. Thanks for seeing the movie with me!!! Let's go on more dates!!! I love you so much!

Rolph Family said...

Wow you did a wonderful job! My grandparents live in Rancho Palos Verdes it is beautiful.

Bracken and Bracken said...

I don't care what anyone says, you are OOBER talented!! Love you :)

Steve and Lauren said...

I love them. You are so talented!

Kim Messick said...

Yep. No matter what you do it turns out beautiful.