Friday, December 17, 2010

{ Simplify Our Lives }

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are.” - Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I love this quote! So much! I just wish I had the ability to truly live it. I've never been the simple type though. I'm a BUSY BODY! I always need to be doing something, and I don't know why! I honestly can't tell you the last time I sat down to JUST BE! I don't have time for tv anymore, and I can't remember the last time I picked up a book, let alone got a full 8 hours of consecutive sleep!

Sundays used to be a day of rest and now they've suddenly become my busiest day of the week. Not that I'm complaining. But something's really got to give. Between 4 callings, my job at Handbill, the many weddings I do almost every weekend, a boyfriend to love, daily work-outs, scripture study, the new season of TMB (yes, that's on the list!), a house to keep clean, a bajillion holidays parties, birthday parties, bridal showers, baby showers, and more...there just isn't much time for anything else!

And that's why I love this quote so much. If only I could learn to simplify and be content with who I am and my abilities, I think I would be a much more sane woman. But until that lesson is learned, I'm just going to keep trying my best to fit the most important things on my plate and leave the rest for later.

3 comments:

The Jessups said...

I love that quote, too. I'm such a busy body, as well. I always HAVE to be doing something. When I finally quit my job, I thought that was going to be hard since that's how I've ever known life (to be so busy), but it was actually the greatest thing in the world. YET, I have found other things to keep me equally busy. Well, and of course my kids keep me busy most of the time anyways. It is who I am, I guess! But I do love this quote. It helps me remind me!

Kim Messick said...

I agree Kendall, it IS WHO WE ARE...Organized people can do lots of things all at the same time and keep right on going...Busy bodies are hard workers...and hard work makes the world a better place...

Bracken and Bracken said...

You must be TOO busy if AZ is not higher on your priority list ;)