Thursday, December 16, 2010

{ Chicken Crescent Sandwich }

This weekend I wanted something quick and easy to feed my man so I turned to my recipe book and found a great one from an old roommate, Allie Hobbins. It's like a Chicken Croissant Sandwich, but the ooey gooey version for winter! I remember her making these all the time and was excited to try the simple recipe myself. The sandwiches were warm and delicious and my man loved them too! And the best part? From start to finish it only took 20 minutes and they were on the table ready to eat. Love that!

INGREDIENTS:
1 pkg Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 cups cooked canned chicken
3 oz. soft cream cheese
1 chopped cream onion
1 pinch salt & pepper
3 tbl. melted butter
2 tbl. parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl combine chicken, cream cheese, chopped onion and salt & pepper. Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Spoon meat mixture on 1 end of each triangle. Fold dough over. Seal edges. Brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake on ungreased sheet 15-17 minutes until golden brown.

4 comments:

Meredith Hayes said...

I am so making this tonight for dinner! Thanks for sharing, and yes, so much more fun to cook when it's for 2.

Kim Messick said...

I would like to see the after picture too! What's the red stuff?

TheSinglesWard said...

Can we just say that we spoke to an Aubrey at a flower shop today and you popped into our minds.

By the way, we're totally making sure all the girls in our ward know how to make these. :)

Jessica Reeves said...

Sounds so yummy! I'm making these this weekend!