Wednesday, September 16, 2009

{ Tasty Bruschetta Recipe }

I recently saw Julie & Julia and was completely mesmerized by the scene where Julie and her husband are devouring a heaping loaf of bruschetta. If you saw it, you definitely know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I found this great recipe that required learning how to blanch a tomato. I know, I'm learning to be so domestic!

I brought the finished product over to my new house in Huntington this weekend to share with friends as we played a little Beatles Rock Band. Well, I didn't play. I just ate, and ate, and ate. Here's the simple recipe if you'd like to give it a go. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
4-5 medium, ripe tomatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped and drained in a strainer
1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired

Directions:
Combine oil, vinegar, basil, garlic and pepper in a large bowl and whisk together. Add drained tomatoes to the dressing and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes, maybe 30. Toast bread slices on both sides under the broiler. Top each with some of the tomato mixture and sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese and garnish with a leftover basil leaf. Bon Appetit.

3 comments:

McLove said...

Sounds delicious!! I will have to try it!!

melissa said...

when are you moving?!?!?

Tara said...

That looks AMAZING! I love brushetta! Hey can I put this recipe on my recipe blog with your pic? ;0)