Thursday, November 4, 2010

{ My Dream Kitchen }

I've always been a saver. Ok, not always. I actually really love shopping. And I like traveling too. A lot. But seriously, I promise I'm a saver!!! And for years I've kept it a secret what I've really been saving my money for. But I can't contain it any longer. I wanna blow all my money on my very own DREAM KITCHEN!

I know you're probably thinking, "What? But you don't even own a house yet!" I know, but one day I will, and when that day comes, I will use my "kitchen money" to design that dream kitchen I've always wanted!

So what does this dream kitchen of mine look like? Well, its quite simple really. It must have clean, boxy lines. The cabinets must be white. The hardware must be nickel. The appliances must be stainless. It must have a rectangular farmhouse sink. The countertops must be carrara marble. The backsplash must be staggered subway tile. And the island must be butcher block. Ok, I guess I can be flexible on the last one.

Who says I'm picky? I just know what I want. That's all. Take a look at some pictures I've collected over the years that helped inspire my design ideas. Oh how I dream of owning this lovely kitchen someday...





4 comments:

Kim Messick said...

You have excellent taste! I'd like one of those myself please...

Scott M said...

My favorite is the last one :)

Bracken and Bracken said...

You know I love this!! Especially the white cabinets ;) Wish mine were white already!

IzeOfLight said...

Ooooh, I especially love the last picture! I'm with you, Aubs--saving is so fun! I'm secretly (well, now in a comment on your blog, so not-so-secretly) saving up for a house, but after seeing these pictures, might have to add a saving-for-a-dream-kitchen fun, too!