Friday, April 24, 2009

The HEART and SOUL of Lacrosse

Lately I've been trying to attend as many of my brother's Lacrosse games as I can. When I look back to my High School days I remember how good it felt to know my family was up in the stands watching me break my personal record in the triple jump or pound aces on the volleyball court.

I look back and realize how fun it was being the oldest child because my siblings were dragged to every one of my games. And then I feel bad for my little brother who doesn't have the kind of support I did. His sisters are all grown and living in different states, and I'm the only one around to show my support. Isn't it funny how the roles have reversed.

Anyway, because my brother is a junior on the Varsity team, he doesn't get nearly enough playing time as he, or the rest of us, would like. But I will say one thing about that kid. He's got more heart and soul on that bench than anyone else on his team. He is the first one up to congratulate a player on an awesome save, and the first to tackle the goalie at the end of a win. I think his blood definitely bleeds blue. Way to rock that field Scotty! We love you #16!

3 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Awww! What a nice sister! I agree - Scott does have a BIG heart...And he'll be your friend for life unless you cross him! =D

Bracken and Bracken said...

I loved the one game I got to attend :) I wish I could go to more games!! I sure love Scotty, he is an awesome kid with a huge heart. Give him a hug for me next time you see him k?

Quinn said...

i'll be there in a couple weeks! you gotta let me know what ward/stake/random activities are going down this summer.